Intermediate French Lessons in Paris
“Caroline’s intermediate French lessons in Paris exceeded my expectations in terms of the teaching approach, the high standard of teaching materials, and the teacher’s attention to detail.”
Who are the intermediate French lessons in Paris for?
The intermediate French lessons in Paris are aimed at students with the following:
• fluency in French communication on a wide range of everyday situations
• one of the following qualifications: A2 or B1 of the European Framework for Languages (CEFR)
What are the objectives?
The objectives of the intermediate French classes in Paris is to develop existing language skills further and to achieve the equivalent of B1+ level of the European Framework for Languages (CEFR).
By the end of the intermediate French lessons in Paris, you will:
• Understand authentic speech with ease and communicate with confidence on a variety of subjects using a wide range of vocabulary
• Improve your knowledge of French grammar in the different skills (written, spoken, reading and listening) while being in immersion in Paris
• Read extracts from authentic French texts with a very good understanding
• Construct argumentative or discursive sentences in French, linking them together in a discussion by means of connective structures
• Write a number of complex texts in different registers with high degree of accuracy, employing a wide range of structures and vocabulary
How are the intermediate French lessons in Paris taught?
• A communicative approach is used. All four skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing) are practised, with the main emphasis on speaking.
• Students engage in interactive language activities throughout their intermediate French courses in Paris, participating in group and pair work according to a syllabus based on systematic grammatical progression.
• Students will also be offered guidance in self-study and be set optional homework tasks.
French conversation practice
• Giving your opinion
• Expressing your feelings (enthusiasm, reject)
• Comforting someone
• Interviewing someone
• Talking about a famous person
• Discussing personal issues
• Understanding recorded adverts
• Understanding written documents
• Indefinite adjectives and pronouns
• The subjunctive
• The pluperfect
• The passive voice
• Reported speech
• Indicators of time
• Formulating hypotheses and expressing condition
Read the reviews of students who had intermediate French lessons with Caroline.