Advanced French Lessons Online
Want to take your French to the advanced level? Improve or perfect your language skills by working with an experienced French teacher
“The advanced French lessons online provided me with a deeper understanding of grammar rules and syntax. Caroline, the teacher, was animated and she knew how to address my needs. Best of all, the learning activities were varied, instructive, and fun”.
Who are the advanced French lessons online for?
The advanced French classes online are aimed at students with a general interest in French with a high degree of fluency and accuracy in the language.
What are the objectives?
The objectives are to perfect your existing language skills and to achieve the equivalent of the B2 level or C1 level of the Common European Framework for Languages.
These advanced French level classes online or in Paris will also help you prepare you for the DELF (Diplôme d’Etudes en Langue Française), which is an official French government examination for non-native speakers. The DELF assesses general language, listening, reading, speaking and writing in a communicative way. DELF B2 and DALF C1 are the exams that are the most requested by French universities.
By the end of the advanced French lessons online, you will:
- Understand a range of spoken and written discourses in different styles: factual, journalistic and non-specialist or technical with ease
- Express yourself orally and in written form using a range of accurate vocabulary and appropriate register, stating an opinion with confidence
- Refine your intercultural competence by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources
- Prepare yourself for the DELF B2 or the DALF C1 examinations
How is the advanced French course taught?
- A communicative approach is used. All four skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing) are practiced, with an emphasis on speaking.
- Advanced French students engage in interactive language activities, according to a syllabus based on systematic grammatical progression.
- Students will also be offered guidance in self-study and be set optional homework tasks.
Course outline of the advanced French lessons online
Contemporary culture, current political, economic and social developments, French cinema and music, Art and literature, the French-speaking media
- Talking about current affairs
- Expressing opinions
- Debating / using debating techniques
- Making oral presentations
Consolidation of grammar structures according to the students’ needs, for example:
- Use of indicative and subjunctive modes
- Advanced uses of the past tenses
- Use of prepositions
- Idioms, expressions and proverbial expressions
- Direct and indirect speech
Learning resources for your advanced French lessons online
Caroline, your private French teacher online & in Paris will supply a variety of additional learning materials which concern advanced French learners, both tailor-made and taken from other sources (textbooks, newspapers, and new media) to encourage French conversation and debate.
Find out what students say about Caroline’s advanced French lessons in Paris and online!