Advanced French Lessons in Paris
“The advanced French lessons in Paris provided me with a deeper understanding of grammar rules and syntax. The teacher was animated and knew how to address my needs. Best of all, the learning was fun!”
Who are the advanced French lessons in Paris for?
The advanced French classes in Paris are aimed at a wide range of students with a general interest in French with:
- A high degree of fluency and accuracy in the language and / or :
- The B2 level of the European Framework for Languages (CECR)
What are the objectives?
The objectives of the advanced French lessons in Paris are to perfect your existing language skills and to achieve the equivalent of the C1 level of the European Framework for Languages (CECR).
By the end of the advanced French lessons in Paris, you will:
- Understand a range of spoken and written discourses in different styles: factual, journalistic and non-specialist or technical with ease
- Express yourself orally and in written form using a range of accurate vocabulary and appropriate register, stating an opinion with confidence
- Refine your intercultural competence by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources
How are the advanced French lessons in Paris taught?
- A communicative approach is used. All four skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing) are practiced, with an emphasis on speaking.
- Advanced French students engage in interactive language activities, according to a syllabus based on systematic grammatical progression.
- Students will also be offered guidance in self-study and be set optional homework tasks.
Course outline of the advanced French lessons in Paris
- Contemporary culture
- Current political, economic and social developments
- French cinema and music
- Art and literature
- The French media
- Talking about current affairs
- Expressing opinions
- Debating / using debating techniques
- Making oral presentations
Consolidation of grammar structures according to the students’ needs, for example:
- Use of indicative and subjunctive modes
- Advanced uses of the past tenses
- Use of prepositions
- Idioms, expressions and proverbial expressions
- Direct and indirect speech
Your French teacher in Paris will supply a variety of additional learning materials for advanced French learners, both tailor-made and taken from other sources (textbooks, newspapers, and new media) to encourage French conversation and debate.
Read what students say about Caroline’s advanced French courses in Paris!